I have been seeing various awards going around some of the blogs I follow and have been nominated for my first little award by fangirl Arya who I thank very much. It’s so exciting and adorable ❤ The Liebster award is an online recognition of new bloggers who have less than 200 followers and which gives appreciation for all of their hard work!
There are a few rules which include:
- Thanking the person who nominated you
- Answering the 11 questions they gave you
- Nominating another 11 blogs
- Giving them 11 more questions to answer
1. If you could only read from one genre for a whole year what genre would you pick?
This is really hard because I don’t think I really stick to one genre? I like to read good books and don’t mind which genre they live in. If I *have* to pick, I’ll probably say Young Adult as I feel like YA often pushes the boundaries in terms of diversity more so than other genres and also sneakily incorporates other genres like SFF 😉
2. What literary world would you want to live in during the “struggle” of the book/series?
As a Gryffindor, I feel like I’m almost required to say the Potterverse. While there are some losses which were always hard to bear (cries forever for Sirius), I always wanted to get in with the Aurors and Dumbledore’s Army to fight against the Death Eaters.
3. If you weren’t blogging about books but still had a blog what would you be blogging about?
Aha, my blog is a little bit of a cheat as I suppose I do already blog about things outside of books? I’m currently trying to expand into pop culture critique and more varied reviews ^^
4. What is your ideal reading preferences; quiet/loud, snack/drink etc?
I always prefer to read in the quiet as I find it super hard to concentrate otherwise, and always with a cup of tea. I am eagerly awaiting the day when I can have a squashy reading chair where I can nestle in with a hot chocolate in the fall/winter, and a nice window seat/garden arrangement for spring/summer.
5. What is your favorite book to movie adaption? Was it better than the book?
I have a few favorites including LOTR, Pride and Prejudice, and the Divergent series. I fail so hard when reading LOTR so I feel the movie improves my experience x1000. I feel that the Divergent movies really bring the books alive in a way that often gets lost in the books. And while Pride and Prejudice is one of my fave books and I don’t think it was *better* than the books, I love the aesthetics of the film and that it compliments the book well.
6. What is your dream career?
Dream career has def got to be something like being involved with gaming journalism and creative writing. Basically, I want to be one of those presenters you see at E3 every year and who get to go to all the big conventions. #dreamlifeyes So, if you want to help me achieve that, keep engaging with my material and supporting me 😉
7. What are your top T.V. shows?
I developed really bad co-dependency around films, tv, games etc not too long ago, so I often deprive myself of TV shows unintentionally. At the moment I mostly just watch Pointless tbh.
8. If you could learn any language other than the language(s) you speak what would you choose?
French because I have been trying to learn it for the past 10 years xD
9. What is your least favorite genre(s)?
Romance, crime, and poetry. Can’t really stand any of them. Also, I find quite a lot of adult fiction quite boring.
10. What is your top bookish pet peeve?
One of my biggest bookish pet peeves: changing the name of a book to match the film. Yeah, I’m looking at you *Golden Compass*. I have an inordinate amount of rage over that, IT’S NOT A COMPASS. Other peeves include sticker residue on book covers, love triangles, and lazy characters (*coughJohnGreencough*)
11. Have you ever read the last page/chapter of a book first?
Nooooooo. I have never been able to bring myself to do this. I don’t read last pages of books and I religiously avoid all spoilers for anything ever, even to the point of not being able to look up walkthroughs for games in case I get a spoiler!
- If you could go back and prevent a book from being written, what book would you choose?
- What has your favorite film/tv show of 2017 been?
- What book/film/game can you always turn to for comfort?
- What are 3 issues would you like to see covered better in films/books/games?
- Do you ever find blogging stressful? If so, how do you deal with that stress?
- What are some of your favorite elements that you like to be included in books, films or games? (For example, first-person narratives or elemental magic)
- What hobbies outside of blogging do you have?
- If you could choose to live in any fictional place, where would you live? (It can be a universe, country, or a specific location)
- What made you start blogging?
- What is your favorite or dream holiday destination?
- What’s a random fact about yourself?
- Tom @ OryxBlogs
- Leigh @ LeighPouse
- Mia @ OhMiaGod
- Angie @ Treathia
- Mx Macaronic @ MxMacaronic
- Helena @ HelenaSmiles
- Leo @ OddSocket
- Kaiden @ Kaidenlaverty
- Inchwyrm @ Inchwyrm
- Thai @ rbrepeat
- Isabella @ thebookpandas