Thank you so much to Malanie for nominating me for this Unique Blogger award, she is so precious and lovely! I’m not sure if I was nominated for this award before as it got lost to the pages of the internet, so if the previous nominator is reading this thank you also!! If you ever tag me in any award posts but never hear back from me please just drop me a comment as sometimes tags don’t appear in my notifications ❤
- Display the award
- Thank the person who nominated you, post a link to their blog
- Answer the questions they’ve written for you
- Nominate 8-13 bloggers and give them three questions in the spirit of sharing love and solidarity within our blogging family!
1. What book are you always thinking about even though you read it a long time ago?
This is so hard to answer because to be honest there are a lot of books that I love where this happens. I don’t tend to reread books very often as I have a really good memory and don’t want to ruin them by getting bored from remembering too much from my previous read, so instead, I think about them A LOT.
2. What is your favourite food?
I always find food questions so hard because I never seem to remember what I like until I eat it. I really like Nachos with cheese and sour cream, really good chocolate chip cookies, and tuna sandwiches.
3. If you could save 3 books to pass on to future humanity, which would they be and why?
Malanie is asking all of the hard questions today and this is one of the toughest questions I think I’ve ever been asked because these 3 books are going to represent all of humanity as we presently know it so I’m probably gonna be super boring and pick really practical choices!
The first one I’d choose would probably be some kind of all-encompassing collection like a chunky World History book. Something up to date that collects lots of important information about what life was like on Earth so that Wall-E type Earth ignorance hopefully doesn’t happen.
The second book I’d like to pass on would be something like The Radium Girls or The Hate U Give because I think it’d be useful for future humanity to have some understanding of how we treated vulnerable people in our society and powerful stories about justice, grief, anger and other Big Things.
Lastly, I’d want to save Northern Lights just because I think it’s such a fantastic book. It’s one that I don’t think I would ever get tired of reading forever and also I kind of get a kick out of all those poor people who would have to live with a cliffhanger forever :’)
- Kat Impossible @ Lifeandotherdisasters as I love the diversity of her blog and especially love her #currentlywatching features
- Aurora @ AuroraLibrialis because she is excellent, her blog is stunning and she always goes the extra mile to feature diverse books and authors
- Sinead @ HuntressofDiverseBooks. How can I talk about diversity, unique blogging and great content without mentioning Sinead? I am in love with Sinead’s blog and have found out about some amazing books that were automatic TBR adds that I would never have discovered otherwise!
- Whatsnonfiction is one of my new finds and I love their blog as I enjoy both fiction and non-fiction. I’ve found that not too many people exclusively talk about non-fiction though so it was a very good find.
- Flavia @ Flaviathebibliophile because how could I not nominate Flavia? HER BLOG THOUGH. LOOK AT IT. It’s perfect.
- Candyce & Isabelle @ Thebookdutchesses are a fantastic duo who writes reviews about such a broad spread of different genres that there’s always something for everyone and they’re both so nice.
- Ashley @ Sociallyawkwardbookworm was one of the first people I ever followed on WordPress and she has been nothing but lovely since then.
- Wendy @ Whattheloghadtosay has probably won all of the awards ever for her excellent blog, amazingly well-written reviews, diverse blogger spotlight and championing of all things diverse but there’s no rule to say she can’t win even more awards.
- Erin @ erinheit451 is another new discovery and I’m super glad I came across her blog. I always enjoy her posts, all of her fantastic opinions and great comments.
- You are granted the power to bring one fictional character to life, who do you choose?
- What is a topic that you would love to read about but either haven’t had time or it doesn’t exist yet?
- What other hobbies do you have besides book blogging, reading, or any other book related activity?