It’s here! The summer is here. Pride is here. All the good things have finally arrived and this makes me very happy. June looks set to be a very busy month for me because, as per usual, I have buried myself under a huge TBR full of queer reads as well as my picks for the Ramadan Readathon. I tried to practice a bit more restraint but it hasn’t happened. There’s always time to practice the less is more mindset next month though! I have also *gasp* actually planned the majority of my blog posts in advance to expect lots of exciting content about ocean day themed reads, queer comics, and lots of discussions!
For now though, all the books and all the pride.
Important Dates for this Month
- Pride month – All month!
- Ramadan Readathon – 17th May – 15th June
- Ocean Day – 8th June
- Autism Pride – 18th June
- My blind date pride event: The Song of Achilles – 30th June
- (ARC) Just Julian by Markus Harwood-Jones – m/m fiction
- (ARC) The Baker Thief by Claudie Arseneault – aromantic fiction
- (ARC) Yes, You are Trans Enough by Mia Violet – trans non-fiction
- (ARC) Queering Sexual Violence: Radical Voices from within the Anti-Violence Movement ed. by Jennifer Patterson – queer non-fiction
- A variety of Queer Web Comics! – queer comics
- (E) Tone of Voice by Kaia Sønderby – autistic bi/pansexual fiction
- (L) Blue is the Warmest Color by Julie Maroh – f/f graphic novel
- (O) City of Strife by Claudie Arseneault – queer fiction
- Persepolis by Marjane Satrapi
- Laughing all the way to the Mosque by Zarqa Nawaz
- A Torch Against the Night by Sabaa Tahir