I’m not a coffee drinker, but I do love a good book tag and Destiny tagged me in this one recently so obviously I had to do it!
1. BLACK COFFEE// NAME A SERIES THAT’S TOUGH TO GET INTO BUT HAS HARDCORE FANS
I can’t think of anything better for this than The Lord of the Rings series. It is super hard to get into and has some of the most hardcore fans of all time! I’ve still never been able to complete the series.
2. PEPPERMINT MOCHA// NAME A BOOK THAT GETS MORE POPULAR DURING THE WINTER OR A FESTIVE TIME OF YEAR
I literally only ever see people reading this during winter/festive time!
3. HOT CHOCOLATE// WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CHILDREN’S BOOK?
This one is impossible to choose just one or two books for because I was (shockingly) a complete bookworm as a child and had so many favorites. These are just some of the ones I know off of the top of my head, many of which I still own!
4. DOUBLE SHOT OF ESPRESSO// NAME A BOOK THAT KEPT YOU ON THE EDGE OF YOUR SEAT FROM START TO FINISH
For real though, because you know THEY BOTH DIE AT THE END you’re constantly on the edge of your seat wondering is it now? is something going to happen? It’s all the stress of final destination but in a contemporary YA where you actually care about the characters.
5. STARBUCKS // NAME A BOOK YOU SEE EVERYWHERE
I have to go with Destiny on this one! From the moment I first stepped into the book community to now, barely a day goes past without seeing at least one mention of Six of Crows (or anything else by Leigh Bardugo)
6. THAT HIPSTER COFFEE SHOP // GIVE A BOOK BY AN INDIE AUTHOR A SHOUT-OUT
I really read and reviewed Invasions by Calvin Gimpelevich, a fantastic speculative fiction author who is also trans. I hadn’t heard of Calvin before and wasn’t sure if this book would fit me as a reader but I really enjoyed it and it definitely deserves a shout out!
7. OOPS! I ACCIDENTALLY GOT DECAF // NAME A BOOK YOU WERE EXPECTING MORE OF
I have to go with Sky in the Deep for this because it was one of my most anticipated books of 2018 and it really didn’t live up to my expectations at all. It was still enjoyable but didn’t quite fulfill its potential.
8. THE PERFECT BLEND// NAME A BOOK OR SERIES THAT WAS BOTH BITTER AND SWEET, BUT ULTIMATELY SATISFYING
I don’t actually have an answer for this one!
9. GREEN TEA // NAME A BOOK OR SERIES THAT IS QUIETLY BEAUTIFUL
This entire book is just so beautifully written and so atmospheric but also really well-paced. It felt like truly going on a long journey with the protagonist. I haven’t been able to read any of the other books in the series but I’ve heard equally good things about them.
10. CHAI TEA // NAME A BOOK OR SERIES THAT MAKES YOU DREAM OF FAR OFF PLACES
There are so many wonderful books that make me dream of wonderful far off places so it was really hard narrowing it down for this, but Becky Chamber’s Wayfarers books have to be the ones I dream of the most! I just really love the characters and world-building. I want to visit the world and talk to all of the wonderful species who live in it!
11. EARL GREY // NAME YOUR FAVORITE CLASSIC
I’m not a huge fan of classics but I do want to try and read more of them someday. Pride and Prejudice has remained my favourite though for the past 10 years, even though I completely hated it the first time I tried to read it!
Again, I’m not tagging anyone directly but please feel free to consider yourself tagged if you want to do this one! Link back to me so I can read your answers ❤