Welcome friends to my little corner of the internet!
I’m Avery, a 26-year-old diverse book blogger who lives in South London with his partner and his dog. I am a transmasculine/genderqueer person who uses he/him and/or they/them pronouns, please and thanks! In 2016, I graduated with a First Class BA in History and Anthropology, and am currently studying for a Masters in Research in Anthropology focusing on video games, artificial intelligence, and personhood.
RedRocketPanda was born one afternoon as I found myself rapidly hurtling towards the end of my degree with one major question still hanging over my head – what on earth will I do once I graduate? I decided to start blogging about one of the things I love the most, BOOKS! Since then, this blog has continued to flourish in completely unexpected ways, launched me into a loving community, and opened doors to all kinds of new worlds both fictional and real!
Favourite books include:
What I do:
- Read and review books honestly. If you would like to read my reviews then head on over to my review section, or if you are an author and would like me to review your book then click here to find out more about working with me!
- Write articles on a range of issues including trans representation, inclusion and accessibility at events, my thoughts on the latest games/books/films plus a whole load of other things. Got a topic you’d like me to write about? Then contact me via this page!
- Promote interesting and positive discussions about bookish things, as well as continually provide a platform to boost and celebrate diversity.
- Speak at geeky conventions like Nine Worlds to large rooms of people and have the time of my life doing so. Some of the sessions I have run over the past 3 years include Queer Coding in Disney, Animal Rights & Conservation in Jurassic Park, Sexuality in Bioware, and Women in Star Wars.
- Write cute short stories about queer kids living their best lives and getting into all kinds of mischief.
Where to find me:
Come and say hey!